Re: What was THX1138 and American Graffiti?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Dog from ? (64.14.248.62) on Monday, September 10, 2001 at 5:58pm :

In Reply to: What was THX1138 and American Graffiti? posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Monday, September 10, 2001 at 5:33pm :

Wasn't a big fan of THX1138 and American Graffiti didn't hold up as I got older. But let's face it, product yes - art, yes. That makes it open to interprtation and I have yet to belittle anyone's opinions about such things.
Again, when valid points are made (such as yours) it's so much nicer to discuss or agree to disagree. I think Speilberg has grown as a director with age, I'm not sure Lucas has. Kind of like a QB who can do it all in college but can't quite cut the mustard in the bigs. As far as Phantom Menace - I like SW mainly because of Han Solo and I was 6 when I saw it. Unfortunately I couldn't allow my 6 year old self out to watch PM without missing the original. My fault, not Lucas'. I have to stick by opinion though, about thinking these prequals might fare better with someone else at the helm and Lucas sticking with what I think he does best.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com