Re: Well, I never thought I'd finally say this...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-73.col.cableone.net (24.116.26.73) on Monday, September 10, 2001 at 11:32pm :

In Reply to: Well, I never thought I'd finally say this... posted by Michaelson from eeespace106.utsi.edu (150.182.24.106) on Monday, September 10, 2001 at 4:51pm :

: ..but I've had enough. You win Jay. If it was your intention to run folks off, well, I'll go. I really hoped that the re-opening of the forum would stop this kind of activity, but it's plain that we still have individuals who revel in seeing what they can stir up. I'm tired, and this has never been any fun when this happens. I will be at IndyGear (when the server is up (grrr)) and will continue to be MORE than happy to discuss Indy in any way, shape or form either there or at my regular email address, which is scattered throughout all the vaults since the beginning. But folks, I've just plain had enough. The very very best to you all. You've been one reason this "old man" has enjoyed visiting this beloved forum. Maybe it was time for it to go away. It's plain to seee that many have no intention of being civil, and I have better things I can be doing at sites that really want to discuss our hobby in a civil and adult manner. High regards. Michaelson p.s. Micah, I'd appreciate you leaving me registered under my name, as I would like to peek in now and again.

I hate to see you go old boy, you're a fixture around here. Unlike me, you have always been really civil to all the people here, and have offered your help in Indy related questions without reserve. The old saying, "Never cast pearls before swine" is applicable here, and this captures in a nutshell your exodus. For me, I will wallow in the mire that has become Indy Fan Forum, in hope that these folks will grow up, and move on to other interests. They will, you know. Of course there's no hope for us, being the old farts that we are reputed to be. The best revenge is to outlive your enemies, and with intelligence playing a key role in survival, you should outlive these folks, no problem. It looks like if the exodus continues, at this rate, Micah will have to change the name of this place to fit the characters. I won't even offer a suggestion as to what this might be, since old Fedora is "kinder and gentler" these days. May you be in heaven an hour, before the devil knows you're dead. Best regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com