A little too bound by respect for "human life"....

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-tm073.proxy.aol.com (152.163.197.78) on Wednesday, September 12, 2001 at 10:25am :

.... In the sense that it leads us to value every other life but our own and those of our countrymen. I've been struggling with two sets of feelings over all of this. In many ways I cannot deny feeling that we've encouraged this in a way. No, I'm saying we've done anything wrong, I'm saying that, too many times in the past, we have not done enough. You cannot, ever, underestimate the will of those motivated by religious convictions. More people have died in the name of "God" than for any other single cause. They'll never stop, it is not their nature. We should have already begun bombing the Middle East, the whole of it, regardless of current evidence. Horrible, cruel and unfeeling, I realize. But a game must be played by the rules and it is they, not us, who have written those rules. America is hated not over a single, solvable dispute. Capitalism by its very definition is an abomination to their religious ideals and they're willing to kill thousands of Americans on our own soil in a cowardly attack to send that message. This contrast between our way of life and theirs will never change. This is why the people of the Middle East must stamped out entirely. You've seen the news and the joyous reactions of their people, children included. They are raising the next generation of terrorists. This is not an act of war, nor a retaliation for anything we have done. It is a statement of a single religious idea, an idea that has been used to envelope their own land in a constant state of war, murder and suffering for thousands of years. A lot of groups are thought to be dangerous by potential, these people are deadly by nature. Their entire culture and belief system serves no purpose beyond a deadly threat to every other nation on Earth. I realize this would result in the countless deaths of innocent people. Innocent, though, only because they were not piloting the planes. Their entire nation is united behind this one, single religious conviction. I say the loss is acceptable, lest we be attacked again, or another country. They should be stripped of land and freedom (what little they have) and the whole of the land should be divided between the allied countries in the interest of the oil reserves. Does this sound evil? Well, before you proceed further with your mental dialogue of what you'll say to me I want you to reflect on our great nation and remember how and why we got it. And the Indians weren't even bombing the World because we didn't worship the soil and the buffalo as they did. I say this not out of hate, anger or anything of the like. Nor do I say it lightly. To me it is reasonable and strategically logical. It would be a horrible and devastating message to send, but it would to be sent only once. Perhaps we need a return to the philosophy of the Romans, in which fear was the best form of commanding respect. This is not an overly patriotic statement, I have the interests of the World in mind. Who knows who may be next? Either way we need to do something harsh, immediate and severe. This "Well, we'll certainly look into it" bullshit attitude of ours won't cut it this time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com