Believe it

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Calixar from proxy4.modusmedia.com (208.14.214.23) on Wednesday, September 12, 2001 at 4:18pm :

In Reply to: I can't believe the hatred I'm hearing... posted by Jay from spider-to073.proxy.aol.com (152.163.204.78) on Wednesday, September 12, 2001 at 4:03pm :

: We all saw the children in the Middle East cheering, do we want our children cheering when innocent lives in the opposing countries are killed?

This question, I think, is very important.
In one sentence you have laid bare the fact that, in our hearts, people are the same.
However, for a moment, we need to sympathize also with those feeling grief over the loss of friends and family. It's a very hard and confusing time (even if you feel you're thinking clearly).
Several years back my older sister was killed. When it happened my family was angry and we each, in a way, wanted some sort of revenge... but once the feeling of powerlessness wore off, so did the anger.
I agree that we need to go after those responsible. Like someone else said, it's time for the US to stop deliberating about terror/peace and do something.
But in doing something, we mustn't overkill (no pun intended). There are people in the MidEast who are just as innocent as yesterday's victims.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com