Eradicate the cancer?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by budarc from 66-81-59-9-modem.o1.com (66.81.59.9) on Wednesday, September 12, 2001 at 8:58pm :

In Reply to: Re: I can't believe the hatred I'm hearing... posted by Fedora from ppp-32.col.cableone.net (24.116.26.32) on Wednesday, September 12, 2001 at 6:59pm :

Somehow, I think that goes for us, too. I'll see you on the other side...

: : Not only here, but everywhere. I went to school today and heard nothing but "Let's nuke those towelheads!" We all saw the children in the Middle East cheering, do we want our children cheering when innocent lives in the opposing countries are killed? A terrible thing has happened to our country, and the terrorist should be dealed with severely. But do you ever take a second to think why those other countries don't like us? Maybe it's because more than 50% of the world's wealth lies within the United States. Or maybe because we have such a luxurious life style while 80% of the world lives in inadequate housing and are malnourished. Let's not focus on anger and revenge, let's try to concentrate on the injuried and deceased... And Indy. :)

: I know this doesn't pertain to Indy, but these are extraordinary circumstances, and perhaps I will be excused for my comments. I deeply feel that what the U.S. and her allies must do now, is to declare an official war on terrorism. As you may well know , this is a very difficult endeavor. But, it must be done, now, using this horrendous act as the catalyst. It will be bloody, and we will lose many lives, but if this ain't worth fighting for, then very little is. This type of behavior from radical Islamic groups is not just going to go away. We can sit here all day and state reasons why we are the target of such attacks, but that doesn't solve anything. We have to deal with "what is",or our decendants will have to live with this forever. I don't believe that Shawnkara's method is the way to go. To kill all Islamic people is ludicrous, and makes us no better than them. Any nation that gives sanctuary to known terrorists should be informed to give them up, or a state of war will exist between us and them. Then have another D-Day, and go in and get these folks ourselves. Tremendous loss of life, yes, but that is the way of war, even "just" wars. And this would be a just war. In the end, this is the only way to eradicate this cancer. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com