PS

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Friday, September 14, 2001 at 1:14pm :

In Reply to: On the contrary. posted by Rundquist from ? (63.201.187.189) on Friday, September 14, 2001 at 12:57pm :

India, I don't know that either of us is going to change the other's minds. In many ways the matter is out of our hands anyway. The United States government is going to do whatever it decides that it must. The final statement I'd like to make is that freedom and democracy is not the norm in the world we live in. We being free, tend to forget this. The only reason we have ifreedom is because of the countless sacrifices that previous generations have made. We can not expect to maintain it without sacrifice. I bid you and yours well.

xxxxxxxx

: It is the governments of these very countries that are providing safe havens and support for these terrorist groups. The way that Clinton dealt with terrorism is the very reason we've been attacked. A limp wrist attack on a few bunkers from the air on a few compounds just reinforced the idea that Americans are weak and have no resolve. Even if we killed Bin Laden, the central problem that these countries are supporting terrorism still exists. It would be naive to think that Bin Laden is the only one and that others factions wouldn't manifest themselves. If we do not dedicate ourselves to destroying terrorism now, God help us, because much more blood will be shed right here.

: : I would support economic sanctions against a country that harbors these or any other terrorists as well as a planned precision strike against the terrorists themselves (similar to the same way that the Bin Laden coumpounds were attacked during the Clinton administration). This would be an effective way of dealing with the issue. I do not think however that an all out attacking on the country itself would solve anything other than wasting innocent lives and increasing hatred for the US. Remember that these terrorists hold no allegience (sp?) to any particular country, so it is not theses countries that you have mentioned which are responsible for these acts but the individuals themselves. And it is certainly not the Palestinians which was the topic of your original post.

: : Regards,
: : IJ

: :
: : : But any nation that harbors these terrorist is in essence standing with them and their principles. I don't believe that Iraq is even an Islamic nation, but Bin Laden has carte blanche there. These countries (Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan, amongst others) are unified by their hatred toward the U.S. We can live with their hatred, but we can not live with their deeds. I'm sure we will issue an ultimatum to Afghanistan to give up Bin Laden, we will give them that chance. It is unfortunate that innocent peasants will probably die because of the governments that rule their lands. Unfortunately a show of force is all that will stop terrorists from further attack on the United States. A show of force will make any country that harbors the likes of Bin Laden think twice about doing so in the future.

: : :
: : : xxxxxxxx

: : : : Rundquist,

: : : : The Israelis are not Arabic. I think your confusing this with the fact that both Arabs and people of Jewish origin (Hebrews if you prefer) are Semites (eg. antisemitism). On your comment about dealing with "these people" with force, just who are you referring to? Terrorists or the whole of the Palestinian or Arabic people? I think that it would be pretty ignorant to think that we need to group all the people of one nation or faith or race into one category and say that they need to be dealt with in a certain way. I hope that this is not what the Israelis are thinking because not so long ago in history, a certain person by the name of Hitler made this very statement about the Jews. I am hoping we have learned something from history but I'm not sure.

: : : : IJ

: : : : : By their standards, we're a bunch of cowards. They bomb our embassies and sink our ships and we do nothing (moving on?). Give me a break. Israel gets a lot of criticism for dealing with these people with force but remember, the Israelis are Arabic too. They understand how the opposition thinks. They understand that force is the only thing these people understand. The Islamic leaders may train the young to sacrifice themselves for the greater cause of almighty Allah, but when the fighting gets close to them and their own families are threatened, they chill the hell out. Anybody remember the bombing of Libya and the effect it had on Muammar Qaddafi?

: : : : : xxxxxxxxxxxx

: : : : : : Listen man, all you people have a very bad misconception about the
: : : : : : attacks in new york and washington .It is a very very very terrible
: : : : : : thing that happened .These terrorists attacked the US because of the
: : : : : : american foreign policy in the middle east. The united states have
: : : : : : turned a blind eye to the palestinian killings that occur nearly
: : : : : : everyday by the isreali forces.In such a state of hopelessnes ,in
: : : : : : which the most powerful country in the world did not seem to care
: : : : : : about the palestinians being killed, caused such hatred towards America.THAT is why you saw that palestinians rejoicing on cnn .Now
: : : : : : by writing this i am not being anti-american because belive me i love america its a country that every country in world aspires to be like,
: : : : : : but you have to see both sides of it ,and not think from an american perspective but also from a palestinian perspective.Think for yourselves why they did this and how America can try to ratify the situation and not nuke the hell out of the so called "towel heads" first and ask questions later. I just hope that the American people can move on with their lives and learn from the past.

: It is the governments of these very countries that are providing safe havens and support for these terrorist groups. The way that Clinton dealt with terrorism is the very reason we've been attacked. A limp wrist attack on a few bunkers from the air on a few compounds just reinforced the idea that Americans are weak and have no resolve. Even if we killed Bin Laden, the central problem that these countries are supporting terrorism still exists. It would be naive to think that Bin Laden is the only one and that others factions wouldn't manifest themselves. If we do not dedicate ourselves to destroying terrorism now, God help us, because much more blood will be shed right here.

: : I would support economic sanctions against a country that harbors these or any other terrorists as well as a planned precision strike against the terrorists themselves (similar to the same way that the Bin Laden coumpounds were attacked during the Clinton administration). This would be an effective way of dealing with the issue. I do not think however that an all out attacking on the country itself would solve anything other than wasting innocent lives and increasing hatred for the US. Remember that these terrorists hold no allegience (sp?) to any particular country, so it is not theses countries that you have mentioned which are responsible for these acts but the individuals themselves. And it is certainly not the Palestinians which was the topic of your original post.

: : Regards,
: : IJ

: :
: : : But any nation that harbors these terrorist is in essence standing with them and their principles. I don't believe that Iraq is even an Islamic nation, but Bin Laden has carte blanche there. These countries (Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan, amongst others) are unified by their hatred toward the U.S. We can live with their hatred, but we can not live with their deeds. I'm sure we will issue an ultimatum to Afghanistan to give up Bin Laden, we will give them that chance. It is unfortunate that innocent peasants will probably die because of the governments that rule their lands. Unfortunately a show of force is all that will stop terrorists from further attack on the United States. A show of force will make any country that harbors the likes of Bin Laden think twice about doing so in the future.

: : : xxxxxxxx

: : : : Rundquist,

: : : : The Israelis are not Arabic. I think your confusing this with the fact that both Arabs and people of Jewish origin (Hebrews if you prefer) are Semites (eg. antisemitism). On your comment about dealing with "these people" with force, just who are you referring to? Terrorists or the whole of the Palestinian or Arabic people? I think that it would be pretty ignorant to think that we need to group all the people of one nation or faith or race into one category and say that they need to be dealt with in a certain way. I hope that this is not what the Israelis are thinking because not so long ago in history, a certain person by the name of Hitler made this very statement about the Jews. I am hoping we have learned something from history but I'm not sure.

: : : : IJ

: : : : : By their standards, we're a bunch of cowards. They bomb our embassies and sink our ships and we do nothing (moving on?). Give me a break. Israel gets a lot of criticism for dealing with these people with force but remember, the Israelis are Arabic too. They understand how the opposition thinks. They understand that force is the only thing these people understand. The Islamic leaders may train the young to sacrifice themselves for the greater cause of almighty Allah, but when the fighting gets close to them and their own families are threatened, they chill the hell out. Anybody remember the bombing of Libya and the effect it had on Muammar Qaddafi?

: : : : : xxxxxxxxxxxx

: : : : : : Listen man, all you people have a very bad misconception about the
: : : : : : attacks in new york and washington .It is a very very very terrible
: : : : : : thing that happened .These terrorists attacked the US because of the
: : : : : : american foreign policy in the middle east. The united states have
: : : : : : turned a blind eye to the palestinian killings that occur nearly
: : : : : : everyday by the isreali forces.In such a state of hopelessnes ,in
: : : : : : which the most powerful country in the world did not seem to care
: : : : : : about the palestinians being killed, caused such hatred towards America.THAT is why you saw that palestinians rejoicing on cnn .Now
: : : : : : by writing this i am not being anti-american because belive me i love america its a country that every country in world aspires to be like,
: : : : : : but you have to see both sides of it ,and not think from an american perspective but also from a palestinian perspective.Think for yourselves why they did this and how America can try to ratify the situation and not nuke the hell out of the so called "towel heads" first and ask questions later. I just hope that the American people can move on with their lives and learn from the past.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com