Re: Indiana Jones: American hero.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-38.col.cableone.net (24.116.26.38) on Friday, September 14, 2001 at 7:35pm :

In Reply to: Indiana Jones: American hero. posted by agent5 from firewall.sigg.com (205.163.202.10) on Friday, September 14, 2001 at 3:57pm :

: It is good that we all share interest in a character that breathes America with every screen breath. Indy stands up for everything that is America and good. Going after the Ark and Grail seemed to me to be more for his country than for his love of archaeology. It was such a clear-cut line that distinguished good from evil in the films. If it were only so true in real life. Anyways, if you find yourself feeling down then pick up your trilogy. It may just be the patriotic spark we need. A little something to take us back. At least for the moment.

Yes, Indy does indeed represent what is good about this country, and any other country that values freedom, and there are a few. On the clear-cut line between good and evil, well, in my universe this line truly exists, and always has. I know it is popular now to posture in relative ethics, but it has never been that way for me. In my simple universe, there is right,and there is wrong. No gray areas at all. I live my life according to this belief system, and it has an amazing benefit of bringing order out of chaos. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com