Yeah, war is for the weak. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay from spider-mtc-ta061.proxy.aol.com (64.12.105.46) on Saturday, September 15, 2001 at 3:11pm :

In Reply to: Just compelled to throw in two cents, and not asking for change. posted by Operator Jake from 206-13-102-153.ded.pacbell.net (206.13.102.153) on Saturday, September 15, 2001 at 3:01pm :

: Greetings, folks.
: Okay, I've spent the last week out on San Clemente Island, and my guys and I had to ride back on a Mark V boat to get back home again, since not even Uncle Sam was flying that day.
: I thought that I might swing by to see how my fellow Indy fans were dealing with this current crisis. As much as I hate talking about the whole thing (since talk truly is cheap, plus I've heard enough ignorant things from enough people to last me awhile), I feel that I've got to at least type a few thoughts.
: Guys, please never forget that "War" is the stupidest thing that we as a human race undertake on a regular basis. I hate it, and there is very little to defend the practice. "Little," but not nothing. If there are men in the world willing to kill innocent people and invade their neighbor just because that neighbor had the adacity to be right next door, and you are unwilling or unable to fight back, YOU LOSE.
: However, to anyone who is calling for carpet bombing of any entire country, please understand that playing tit-for-tat is strictly for preschoolers. I'm not going to justify killing innocents, no matter what their nationality.
: Please bear in mind that all news is biased, and wants an emotion from the viewer.
: Please remember that most every one in the world has their reasons for feeling the way they do (why Palestinians were celebrating, for instance).
: And please, PLEASE--if anyone in this forum is feeling any hatred toward any group of humans, just suck it up. Swallow it. Let this time test your faith, and your love for your brother.
: On a personal note, this whole mess has only increased my drive to graduate from training and report to the fleet as a ready to rock operator.
: Keep the faith, everyone. One day at a time, God Bless America, and let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com