Yep...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-134.col.cableone.net (24.116.26.134) on Sunday, September 16, 2001 at 7:30pm :

In Reply to: Bad Apples posted by MK from adsl-63-194-18-73.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.194.18.73) on Sunday, September 16, 2001 at 6:57pm :

: I used to love this forum. It used to have decent people posting decent messages. I could always find something interesting. A few bad apples started terrorizing our online neighborhood. The good decent people, started to post less. Some even left. That's a lot like a real neighborhood. One really bad neighbor often times causes people to move away. Usually they are not replaced by same caliber of neighbor. That triggers the rats-fleeing-a-sinking-ship scenario. Then all you have left is a bad neighborhood.

: I feel that this is what is happening to the IndyFan forum. I stop by here, because of fond memories, but I rarely post. The folks here I consider decent people are constantly being slammed. I find my desire to stop by fading.

: My question is: Does anyone else feel this way? Are a few bad apples pushing you away? If so, it would be good to let us (and Micah) know. If not and it's just me, then I will move away to a better neighborhood too. I appreciate your thoughts on this.

: MK

I thought about leaving once, and came back, as I am not the kind to flee a fight. But, that's not what this froum is supposed to be about. When I first joined this place, it was a bit different than now. It has become mean spirited, and although some would say I set the tone for this, I say, just read all of my posts, not select ones. I have been called a Nazi many times, by folks that apparently don't really understand what that entails. It's just a cool thing for them to say, but only among their peers. I have a hard time comprehending what these folks like about the Indy films, I mean, they seem so contrary to what these films stand for. I will continue to check in here, for news, and such, but I think my posts will trickle out, at select times. With what is happening currently in the world, I have serious doubts about Indy 4,as this may have nailed the nail in the coffin. I hope I am wrong. Who knows? Maybe tomorrow will be the start of a new day for Indy Fan forum, and a more civil one, complete with mature adults, and mature kids. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com