Re: Bad Apples

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah from ? (66.40.232.22) on Monday, September 17, 2001 at 10:05am :

In Reply to: Bad Apples posted by MK from adsl-63-194-18-73.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.194.18.73) on Sunday, September 16, 2001 at 6:57pm :

I won't deny it. There are some people on this board that annoy me. But it's a subtle annoyance. A dig here, an implication there, sarcasm and low-key taunts everywhere...

Sure, I will readily throw out people that are abusing the board, spouting expletives and hurling insults. But, I have a hard time kicking out people who are simply irritating. Aren't there people in your daily life that annoy you? co-workers? even family or friends? What can you do about them? After a while, you recognize their patterns of behavior and manage to ignore them or avoid the hot-button topics.

They only thing I can suggest is to stay ontopic. Stick with Indy only, and avoid side discussion (i.e. political opinions, personal conflicts). Just because we all like Indy doesn't mean we all have the same political leanings, etc.

I will say this. Opinions are welcome. Attacks are not. I will be suspending accounts for personal attacks from here on out. Be sure you understand the distinction, reasoned arguments against someone's point of view are ok, but a direct attack in the form of name-calling, etc. is not.

--Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com