Re: European release

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brisco from fwk098144.res-hall.nwu.edu on December 03, 1998 at 20:23:54:

In Reply to: European release posted by walker on December 02, 1998 at 07:31:51:

: My understanding is that the production company which saw the initial cut of the movie (with Ash travelling too far forward into the future) deemed it too depressing. They didn't get the joke that Ash typically does stupid things and this was just one more example. It's their money, so I guess they get the final say. Anyways, they tacked on the S-Mart bookends and theatrically released the first ending in Europe only. I guess you can get it on video now. Interestingly, the Dark Horse comic adaptation, which was produced during post production before the execs had their way with the film, has this little seen ending.
: walker

Wow, I don't check the board in a few days and I find a whole long thread addressed to me! But Walker seems to have covered it all. I think each ending has its own merits, but wish they'd gone with the post-apocolyptic one. The alternate ending is not only available on many bootlegs and in the comic book, but I've also seen it on the web. Can't remember what site, but it's out there, somewhere!
Incidentally, speaking of Bruce Campbell as a possible Indy actor, I have a huge Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. poster on my wall right next to my Last Crusade advance. Both feature close-ups of unshaven, jacketed men in hats. And the Brisco County logo imitates the Indy one in gradiated orange/yellow "adventure" letters. Seeing these next to each other, you'd be surprised how many people mistake Brisco for Indy. He does look the part...
But while I may champion Bruce as the best possible actor to fill Indy's shoes should ANYONE other than Harrison have to, let me make it clear that this is all just "wouldn't it be interesting" speculation. In my opinion, HF is the only IJ.
Brisco

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]