Saving Private Ryan... what a beautiful score.(nm)

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jun from spider-ntc-tb084.proxy.aol.com (198.81.16.189) on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 at 2:22am :

In Reply to: That Williams guy posted by Doc from nas-1-77.boston.navipath.net (216.67.1.77) on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 at 2:10am :

: (I haven't visited the board lately, so I apologize if this has been posted already)

: While listening to a Boston radio station the other day, I heard one of those little montages of sound bites from September 11 that they have a tendency to play every time they report the latest news regarding the attacks. (blurbs from the President, government officials, eyewitnesses, et cetera) What struck me the most was not the emotional content of what was being said, but the piece of music that underscored the whole thing. It was John Williams' "Hymn to the Fallen". A brlliantly composed piece of music in its own right, but one that now carries even deeper significance. It's been said before on this board that the American people are surrounded by his music even though many don't realize it. How true that is, especially now.

: -Doc

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com