Re: Answer to Michigan Smith, re: Goatskin Wested

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by India Jones from ? (141.11.234.1) on Friday, September 21, 2001 at 8:05am :

In Reply to: Question for INDIA JONES, re: Goatskin Wested posted by Michigan Smith from spider-we064.proxy.aol.com (205.188.195.49) on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 at 10:44pm :

Am I still the only one? Wow.
The goatskin jacket is very nice indeed. I would not hesitate on getting one if you are interested. Yes, I have a lamb and my friend has the "lamb touch" worn look cowhide. I have never examined a new finish cowhide jacket however. Some poeple also rave about the new finish cow as being really nice. I'll take their word for it. Its hard to do comparisons because they are very subjective, but I'll give you a few facts and opinions:

Facts: The goat is thicker than the lamb and the "lamb touch" cowhide. The goat is tougher than the lamb and the LT cow. The goat is warmer than the lamb and LT cow. The goat is less shiny than the lamb but shinier than the LT cow. The goat has a more grainy texture than both. The goat is a lighter brown with olive highlights. The goat is not what was originally used in the movie.

Opinions:
The goat does not drape as well as the lamb or the LT cow (Patterson claims that this will change over time, and I hope he's right). The goat does not crease like the lamb. The goat keeps its shape better. The goat is more rugged looking. The goat distresses easier (I rubbed it down with some alchohol just to take off the shine and it actually distressed it a bit). The lamb molds itself to your body. The lamb is more elegent.

Theories: The goat is a great all around jacket that will stand up to abuse and is approriate for cooler weather. The lamb and LT cow are more appropriate for warmer weather and are not as rugged. The lamb is the most elegent and looks more like what you see on screen in terms of the way it moves.

Hope this helps,
IJ

: You're the only person I've heard for sure has gotten a new Wested Goatskin jacket. Are you satisfied? Would you get another, or go for a different Wested leather offering? How does it compare to the lamb and cow? I think I recall you had a lamb and your buddy a cow.
: THX

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com