Re: What a guy-

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indydawg from pool-63.52.1.148.mhub.grid.net (63.52.1.148) on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 at 8:46pm :

In Reply to: Re: What a guy- posted by Peter Botwright from host213-122-173-133.btinternet.com (213.122.173.133) on Wednesday, September 26, 2001 at 7:08pm :

Yes...you and I have discussed at some length the political unrest in the UK regarding just this very subject. It, of course, does not do anything for my confidence in international peace to know the reactions of the Greek people....but it has been known for quite some time the feelings of the Greeks towards Americans. And the British Govt's efforts to unite the UK into the Euro State are most definately worth resisting....to put it lightly!

There WILL come a time when it will be necessary for us all to know who our true allies are. And to know that those true allies are people of your caliber....well, as I said earlier, it is just good to know. I had not really been able to show much emotion about the whole thing....it was so "unreal". Then I saw on the news broadcast the playing of the Star-Spangled Banner in front of the palace....I had to choke back the emotions.

You keep those flags flying, my friend-and when you get ready to come to the US-ANYTIME!!-you've got a place to stay, and a pint to drink!!!

Take care and I'll be in touch soon!!!!
Highest Regards!
Indydawg

: It is a little difficult to explain without getting too serious
: The British Government has long tried to incorpoarte the UK into the Euro State but the people are resisting. On my trip to Greece when the tragedy happened I heard many Greek voices saying they deserved it. There is no justification for what happened and bearing in mind the support that we had in the 2nd world war from the USA whithout which we would have lost, I beleive the tide has turned and we will look away from europe and more towards our true Allies the USA.
: The French and Germans have never liked us and nor have we liked them. WE have the american flag flying at our window and we now know where we are. I am not alone in this thinking even our local butcher has the stars and stripes in his window.
: I intend too vacation in the USA next May and no bastard will put me off. I know this is a bit heavy but it is how we feel .
: God bless America
: Cheers
: Peter

: : : I was on vacation and have just returned from Corfu, Greece when I saw on television the terrible tragedy in New York. Rest assured you have the sympathy of the UK people along with myself and my family.
: : : Hope my daughter Sally has coped with the enquiries in my absence.
: : : Sincerest regards
: : : Peter

: : Your words mean alot to us, good friend! It is good to know we have such people as yourself supporting us....

: : Now, tell us about your trip ;-)!!

: : Later!
: : Indydawg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL: