Sure, I'll do another photo...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by schwammy from AC99259C.ipt.aol.com (172.153.37.156) on Friday, September 28, 2001 at 10:57pm :

In Reply to: LOL!! posted by MK from adsl-63-194-18-73.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.194.18.73) on Friday, September 28, 2001 at 11:13am :

I can't decide what color the shirt is now. I didn't use bleach. I used Rit dye remover, the stovetop method, for about 10 minutes. It was an interesting experience. Another reason I decided to 'un-dye' it was that it had somehow gotten a couple pink/orange stains on the sleeve that looked like bleach stains. Since I only paid $25 for the shirt, I wasn't overly concerned about ruining it, (though in retrospect, it would've been difficult to get another one at that price.) The moment I dropped the shirt in the mixture, it turned that same startling orange/pink color. "Great," I said. "I'll be known as the Miami Vice Indy." But I kept stirring and it gradually faded to an off-white color with peach undertones. I figure another 10 minutes in the same mixture and it should be a plain off-white, which was my goal all along.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com