NIM, garbage, gonads and dancing squirrels

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-mtc-tb031.proxy.aol.com (64.12.104.31) on Sunday, September 30, 2001 at 1:26pm :

You guys really need to lighten up. What's wrong with a little humor? Somethings are just so damn stupid that they're funny. And, yes, dancing squirrels and a penis in a lightning storm fall into that category. It was a good chuckle, nothing more or less. But to call it vulgar garbage and act as though it had offened you to your very foundation? Now, that.... is childish. MK, do you know what you forgot to mention in your post? What DO you find funny and entertaining? And that's my point. I started coming here to meet other fans of this beloved character, to meet people I may correspond with. Most fans are fans of MANY things and many like interests lead to friendships that last. A single interest runs dry, it's a dead end. Most of us here have been Indy fans since long before the existence of the internet, no encouragement or bonding needed. Yes, the focus should always be Indy (on this board). But it's sad to see all other topics ridiculed, scoffed at and dismissed as "NIM"s. Who the Hell is anyone here to say someone else's comments are unimportant? And what was that bit about "It's obvious that you don't think like the rest of us"? I have news for you guys; we're ALL in that boat. To be hard-core fans of anything like this automatically makes us all 'comic book geeks' and/or 'nerds'. We're a subculture of sorts and to make class divisions within a subculture is counter productive. Although our meetings are not face to face this is a gathering of friends, like any other. Would you ever tell your friends, face to face, over lunch, that they've strayed from the topic and should get up and leave? If that's the case then I'm glad I don't "Do lunch" very often with other people. I'm sure I've strayed from the topic, offended someone and introduced a negative vibe into this hallowed place. But hat ribbon and buckles only take you so far. It would be nice to know more about my fellow fans than what Indy jacket they prefer. My two cents.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com