Zippy, thanks for trying to help! :) Can anyone else help me out? (nm)

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Texas girl from ? (207.193.176.61) on Monday, October 01, 2001 at 1:05pm :

In Reply to: Windows users... can you help Indiana Texas-girl with downloading fonts? (nm) posted by Zippy from sa-63-249-100-17.cruzio.com (63.249.100.17) on Monday, October 01, 2001 at 10:31am :

: : I HAVE A PC. I DON'T THINK IT'S DOWNLOADING SUCCESSFULLY; I HAD IT DOWNLOAD INTO MY FONT FILE UNDER THE CONTROL PANEL. I CAN'T FIND 'EM THERE. I EVEN DID A SEARCH FOR "ADVENTURE" AND "FEDORA", BUT NOTHING. I'M NOT SURE HOW TO UNZIP THE FILES. I WONDER WHAT WOULD BE COMPATIBLE TO THE "SYSTEM FOLDER" ON A PC.

:
: : : Are you using a Mac or a Windows PC? I'm not sure I understand the problem. I'm assuming you downloaded the font(s) successfully... all you need to do is click on the name of the font, and your browser will download it to your desktop. They are in Zip format and must be unZipped first (your browser should do this automatically). Then place the fonts where they belong (I not sure of the procedure for PCs... on Macs -- after converting them to Mac format -- you simply drag them into the System Folder and the OS will automatically place them in the Fonts folder, then quit currently running applications, and re-launch). When you re-launch your apps, the new fonts should be available for use. Hope this helps.

: : : Regards,
: : : Zippy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com