Re: Indy comics-Thanks

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by belloq from spider-tr073.proxy.aol.com on December 05, 1998 at 22:06:55:

In Reply to: Re: Indy comics posted by Brisco on December 05, 1998 at 16:43:08:

: : I am searching for the Indiana Jones comic with the great painted image on the cover: dark blue background with Indy climbing rope or something similar. It might have been a British issue? Do you know the title and publisher, if it is still available anywhere and if there are others in that series with similar artwork (painted cover image)? Many thanks. belloq

: You're talking about Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis #2, published by Dark Horse Comics. I don't think that cover was used in Britain, as Fate of Atlantis was published as a back up story in Star Wars: Dark Empire over there. But it is definitely the American cover. There is also a postcard available with this art. (Or was.) The cover art is by Dave Dorman, and he did that whole series (4 issues) as well as the Fate of Atlantis trade paperback, the first issue of Indiana Jones: Thunder in the Orient, and all four issues of Indiana Jones and the Iron Pheonix. All of his Indy artwork is of the same quality: excellent (IMHO). They're also all painted from well-known film stills. You can find all those images online at the Dark Horse website, www.dhorse.com. Do a search for "Indiana Jones." I think Fate of Atlantis was originally published in '92, but I'm not positive. As for obtaining the issue, #2 is definitely the hardest one to come by. For some reason, this is almost always the case with Dark Horse comics. I don't know why. Maybe they print the fewest issues of #2? But 1, 3 and 4 should be easily locatable. Try back issue bins at your local comic shop, or you can order from Dark Horse directly, at the aforementioned site. (I don't think even they have #2, though.) I encourage you to seek out all of these issues; I found the Dark Horse Indy comics (and especially Fate of Atlantis) very entertaining. Don't expect the same art inside as on the cover, though! Good luck,
: Brisco

: Thanks for the info. I am not a great comics expert or collector and there are only a few of the Indys which I value for the artwork. I just didn't know which issues those were. I appreciate your help. belloq

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]