Re: A Poll.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Real Old Indy from 209-78-90-10.co.tulare.ca.us (209.78.90.10) on Monday, October 01, 2001 at 8:27pm :

In Reply to: A Poll. posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Monday, October 01, 2001 at 1:06pm :

: I was thumbing through my book on the making of SW episode 1 last night and I came upon a section that said episode 1 had started development in 1994, right after Jurassic Park. It is pretty well known that Jurassic Park was the watershed movie that convinced Lucas that special fx had developed to the point that he could tell his story the way he wanted to. Anyway, in '94 he started writing the script and developed some of the art and concepts for episode 1. This means that it took 5 years to go from inception to finished product. When I thought about it, I decided that this was encouraging for us Indy fans in that at least we'd be getting a movie, even if it might be far off. It got me to thinking. When (if at all) do most fans think we'll get Indy 4? Will it be:
: A) 1-2 years
: B) 3-5 years
: C) 5-10 years
: D) Never

My choice is B - 3 to 5 years. I'm convinced it will be done, if for no other reason so that Steve and Kate(Kapshaw)Speilberg's children will quit badgering and pestering him (them) to do it! Its just a matter of getting a really good story/script. I believe the main players - Lucas, Speilberg, Ford, Connery, etc. are at a point in their careerers that scheduling isn't a big problem. They could all put their other stuff on hold if they really had to do so. I say - "Don't rush it. It has to be done right and well, or we will all be disappointed." Its a "leap of faith."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com