Re: As the post below says...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charlemange from proxy4.modusmedia.com (208.14.214.23) on Thursday, October 04, 2001 at 2:15pm :

In Reply to: Re: As the post below says... posted by Hacim from ? (194.112.238.4) on Thursday, October 04, 2001 at 1:34pm :

Right, Pesach is the Hebrew word for the Passover. Since the Last Supper was a Pesach, it stands to reason that the cup used would be a Pesach Chalice.
The ceremonial Pesach chalice is traditionally made of silver, because silver is symbolic (in Rabbinical circles) for the Blood of Atonement... it stands for Grace and Purity.
So, while I could not prove it's silver, that is the reasonable assumption. If you go to a really well done Seder, even now, there is usually an empty spot at the table set with a fancy silver cup. This is the Elijah cup... but I could go on about that for quite a long time.

Yes, there are still Templars. There are actually a number of splinter groups, some more reputable that others. In my opinion, the only group that holds any real claim to the name is in Scotland...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com