Wow, you know what, I supposed to be one of the victims of that auction, but at the

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Azuma from A060-0322.SNFC.splitrock.net (63.253.226.68) on Sunday, October 07, 2001 at 4:50am :

In Reply to: I know how you all feel, I am in a similar situation... posted by INDY 500 from Brantford-ppp3520447.sympatico.ca (206.172.134.16) on Saturday, October 06, 2001 at 10:05pm :

Wow, you know what, I supposed to be one of the victims of that auction (only 25 dutchs, as I remember, but as the auction ended, he said there were few more for sell), but at last minute, I decided not to take it. I felt strange with the seller, since I was not out bidder and he still send me a invoice.

: Around last Christmas, I won in a Dutch Auction on Ebay for one of approx 40 Toys McCoy Indy "Store Display" model figures from a seller's "contact" in Singapore, according to the description they had been store display models that had been gathered up sell.

: They were all supposedly loose mint, however a few had some accessories missing which were to be recast in the Toys McCoy Molds, and that they would be ready in the new year (early January).

: The price was good $250, compared to $800+ (at the time).

: To make a long and very frustrating story short, None of the approx. 40 auction winners have received their figures or have gotten refunds.
: Currently one of the "victims" of this scam has organized legal action against the seller.

: On a brighter note, I have since bought a Toys McCoy Indy and have it on display in my bookcase (what a figure!!).

: Hope it all works out for you guys!

: INDY 500

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com