Has this happened to anyone yet? (Aldens trouble)...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jimmie from PPPa27-ResalePortlandOr2-3R7170.dialinx.net (4.54.85.24) on Sunday, October 07, 2001 at 6:05am :

The front stitching that holds the sole to the boot around the toe has come loose. The sole, holes, etc, are not damaged, and the repair is a simple one, so I am told. But the sole flops about, making my boots, until repaired, unwearable.

I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else's boots.

Anyone who knows me here may remember when I got mine - a bit over a year ago - so they aren't very old. And I should say that I wear them all day, every day. They have been on a few minor adventures, and have really weathered well.

On another note, someone here recently dyed his Aldens...I have been using a brown shoe polish on mine, with nearly the same result, except that they have weathered a bit differently, and are really starting to appear well-used, as Indy's looked during the truck chase (best seen as he slams the Nazi's foot from the brake, and stomps on the gas pedal).

I really love these boots, and I was considering buying a second pair, when this happened. Seems to be a very expensive price to pay for boots that, relatively, don't hold up too well over time.

Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com