Well...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett Maverick Lambert from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net (142.59.128.139) on Tuesday, October 09, 2001 at 2:28pm :

In Reply to: Hummm posted by Michaelson from eeespace106.utsi.edu (150.182.24.106) on Monday, October 08, 2001 at 5:36pm :

...I can't say anything to the skewing of the stats at the time the vote took place (when was it exactly? In the 80's?), but I'll take your word for it, afterall, manipulating stats is something any political, religious, etc. group has done from time to time in order to further their cause, it's not right, but it's certainly nothing new. Is my opinion in the minority in Canada? I'm really not so sure about that. The nation is lead under Jean Chretien (from the Liberal party), he's won the majority for the last 8 years, and his approval rating right now is at one of the highest it's ever been, and Liberals are more for gun-control laws (generally speaking).

But what is this of Canadians not having the right to own guns? My former Biology teacher owns a bunch of rifles (he loves to hunt), one of my Dad's dentist friends needed to get his gun registered last year. Sounds like those two have the right to own firearms. Could you clarify what you meant by "removing the people's right to own firearms was taken"?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com