That's why Indy 4 is so intriguing.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from ? (63.201.187.189) on Tuesday, October 09, 2001 at 3:49pm :

In Reply to: From what I've read... posted by Michaelson from eeespace106.utsi.edu (150.182.24.106) on Tuesday, October 09, 2001 at 12:19pm :

Which characterization are they going to use? Is Indy going to be married (or divorced?), or is he going to continue his womanizing (Lucas' characterization) into old age like James Bond? Some of us would rather keep the character mysterious. It is interesting that Last Crusade seems to really split fans opinions more than the other two movies. Some find it the most interesting of the three movies because of the relationships and others find it a little soft boiled. I haven't really decided where I stand on it. I'd be happy with a new movie period. Cheers

xxxxxxxxxxx

: Lucas originally wanted Indy to be a James Bond type character. A rake in the evening with a tux, but the leather jacketed adventurer during the day. Raiders was more from the influence of Speilbergs direction rather than Lucas', and Lucas wanted the change to do Indy in the style HE had originally invisioned. Therefore, TofD was made. Needless to say, compared to Raiders, it didn't work. Lucas backed down, and L.C. was made basing the character on Speilbergs original characterization from Raiders. Regards. Michaelson

:
: : Hey Rabittooth!

: : Let me just check the video again right now. Alright... Lucas wanted ToD to tell a back story of Indiana Jones, explore the character. I guess I just answered my own post! We all know we get to see more of how Indiana Jones is, his character and personality. But I am just wondering if there is anything more or deeper I, myself, do not see. Am I making sense Rabittooth? Is there any films buffs who really got what Lucas wanted from ToD? Have a good one!

: : Best Regards,
: : Jun

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com