Re: Who can tell me how Indy hooks the whip onto the back of the truck?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Yurik from 1Cust221.tnt1.columbia.sc.da.uu.net (63.10.116.221) on Friday, October 12, 2001 at 10:39am :

In Reply to: Who can tell me how Indy hooks the whip onto the back of the truck? posted by schwammy from AC87C121.ipt.aol.com (172.135.193.33) on Friday, October 12, 2001 at 0:31am :

Everyone is correct, he does jam the handle of his whip between two parts of the truck underside. However, wedging it was not going to hold him on. When Indy let go of the truck he was hurled as fast as the truck was traveling(maybe 35-40 mph). When he was hurled from under the truck, his whip stretched out as his weight was thrown(while still holding on to the last two feet of his whip, probably wrapped around his hands and wrists). There was so much force from the speed of his weight that the handle of his whip was wedged in even tighter, creating enough tension to hold Indy's weight from behind the truck.

I think more compelling questions would be:

How did his hand not just pop out of it's socket?
(Maybe he had it wrapped around his forearm)

How did he get the whip out from under the truck when he climbed back in from the rear? The whip handle must have been shimmed in very deeply and maybe even impossible to remove, especially from underneath while a truck is moving.

Just my thoughts

Yurik

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com