Musical events I've attended with jacket in hand.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Friday, October 12, 2001 at 1:47pm :

This is kind of stupid subject matter, but what the hell. The current Indy jacket that I am wearing is a Flight Suits deerskin jacket that I got in June. Since then I have worn it to a few musical events. I live in Los Angeles and the first one I wore it to was a Brian Wilson/Paul Simon concert at the Greek Theater (outside). Paul McCartney was sitting a few rows in front of me and at the end of the show got up and did "I've just seen a face" with Paul Simon. That was cool. The next two shows were at the Hollywood Bowl (a venue I hate). I saw Cachao and Eddie Palmieri one night, and a few nights later saw John Williams (with fellow Indy fans). It doesn't get more "Indyesque" than that particular evening. A few weeks ago I saw Elvis Costello with the Charles Mingus orchestra at Royce Hall. That show was indoors so I cooked a little. I was then back to the Bowl to see the Fania All Stars. The jacket is great in an outdoor venue in the cool night air. Last night I went to a show that was a dream come true for me. I saw Eddie Palmieri at a place called the Conga Room. It was a special night in that he was playing his music from the 60's with the original two trombone and one flute horn section line up. He played tunes that he had not played in over thirty years. I left my jacket in the car, but afterward it kept me nice and toasty when I went for a hamburger (grin). What shows have you all seen while wearing your Indy Jackets?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com