Many good points

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 at 3:20pm :

In Reply to: Re: Me neither. posted by agent5 from spider-mtc-tj042.proxy.aol.com (64.12.106.37) on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 at 2:20pm :

The color issue is a matter of taste, not to mention the film making and printing process. I've taken some stills from video recently from an older pan & scan raiders tape and a new widescreen tape and the color of the shirt is totally different. The pan & scan shirt is lighter and more white. The widescreen is darker and more gray (like the Howard shirt). Dan is working on details, such as the wrinkling of the pleats and seams and button color. There are many differences between the shirts from each movie. The thing is, only a nit picker would point them out. Noel's shirt for the most part will satisfy the average fan. It is the best thing on the market at the moment, without a doubt. Dan is trying to supply a shirt for the "nit picker". The great thing about it is there is no law that says you can't have both. I'm not going to throw out or sell my Noel Howard shirt anytime soon. At the same time I'm looking forward to Dan's upcoming offerings. I know what he's putting into these. Cheers

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

: : I'm a recent owner of the Noel Howard MBA shirt (as well as the pants), and was wondering if anyone who also ownes one is tremendously disatified with the accuracy, color, price or material of the shirt.
: : They certainly are accomodating over there at MBA. Nice folks. And reliable as well...I received my shirt form the UK in less than a week's time, and couldnt be happier with it.
: : As to color, it is my firm belief that different degrees of washing and protecting the color of the NH shirt will allow for proper color for any of the th
: : Anyone disastisfied who owns one?
: : Regards,
: : -R

:
: : What I can't understand is that even after it has been explained so very often that when a movie is being filmed, there are filters that alter the tone and hue of color. That is not even including the sun bleaching and extensive washings of the Raiders shirts we've all heard about as well. You can NEVER duplicate in pictures or on film the original color of anything. It is just an imposibility. I spent several years at the American Academy of Art and that is one of the most basic things we where taught. Only the human eye is capable of distinguishing true color. In another light, if you take 20 of the same photo from different sources, you will more than likely see a difference in color. Chemicals are also used in the processing of film which results in the final picture. So, unless you actually can compare the Noel shirt next to an original shirt, you cannot judge the color accurately ,or for that matter, anything else. There are so many ways you can alter a photo or film from the true color used. Nowadays you can simply click a button on your PC to alter colors. I love my Noel shirt and that is not to say the Dan shirt is better or worse because I myself have not seen one and cannot compare it to an original. I am intrigued though and will most likely pick one up in the future. My Noel shirt looks right on to my taste. My only true complaint about it is that the pleats running down the front never really get the wrinkled look from the film. I have washed it several times and let it air dry which is what Noel told me to do to achieve this result. They do wrinkle, but not exact to the film. Maybe the fabric is slightly different than the original, but seeing as that until last week Noel had the ONLY shirt that was truely Indy, it looked good enough for me. - AGENT 5

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com