Yah i did

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by German Mechanic from hc6524631.dhcp.vt.edu (198.82.70.49) on Thursday, October 18, 2001 at 3:03pm :

In Reply to: Has anyone here ever actually met Mr. Ford?(nm) posted by Yurik from 1Cust138.tnt5.columbia.sc.da.uu.net (63.11.114.138) on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 at 10:17pm :

This is kinda long, but read it, it's interesting. Me and my brother and a couple of his friends met him. It was durring the filming of Random Hearts. My dad worked at the FBI at the time, and while he was joging around the capitol mall, he noticed some filming going on (because there was a seen from the movie filmed there), so he wondered over there, and sat down in one of thoes director chairs (there were 3 of them), and one of the crew came over to him and talked to my dad, and he said that harrison ford was in the movie. So my dad knowing that we love harrison, told him how much we like him and Indy and stuff. My dad and he exchanged #s. He said that harrison wasn't on the seen that they were filming that day, but he would call my dad when he found out when he would be filming. So a few days later he calls and says that harrison would be filming in gerogetown on a certain day. So me my brother and his friends got out of school early, and our dad took all of us to georgetown. Of course we all had our fedoras on, and my brother was in his full indy gear (except the gun, not too good to have a gun in d.c.)! So we go to the set, and my dad finds the crew guy, and the crew guy said he would see if he could find harrison, so we say "ok" and sit down on a bench. The bench was bouble sided, and we were all lined up on one side, not doing much. Then a guy sits on the other side of the bench, and we here a familiar voice say "where'd you guys get thoes dumb looking hats?" COuld it be? We turned around and there was our hero. He shook our hands, it was a strong firm handshake. We we could barley speak. My brother said "Woah, You're indiana jones?". and he said, "No, I thought you were." We made a little small talk. My dad gave him his card, and he put it in the pocket on his shirt, by his chest. Then, in the movie, he goes into the building across the street, and meet this woman, and give her "his" card, but I swear to god it's my dad's, You can't really make it out, but it really looks like it. There were all these people circling around us, but they kept back like 10 yards in either direction. We asked him for his autograph, and he said "no, I can't give autographs, because then everyone will will want one." Then he leaned in real close and said in a real low voice "give all the stuff you want autographed to Tommy, and he'll give it to me, and I'll autograph it."(Tommy was the crew guy my dad met). So of course we had broght a ton of indy stuff, and we each picked something we wanted autographed, and tommy took it to him on the set across the street, and we saw him autograph them, then tommy brought the stuff back. Then a few days later, on Z104, one of the show hosts was talking about how she saw harrison ford in georgetown, and that he was talking a few kids, and how luckey they were. Thoes kids were us! It was really cool.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com