I used to run around in this ride! Really!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Vogel from spider-mtc-ti014.proxy.aol.com (64.12.101.154) on Friday, October 19, 2001 at 10:39pm :

In Reply to: I friggn' love this ride! posted by KyleS from ? (209.191.163.10) on Friday, October 19, 2001 at 7:06pm :

Seriously... I worked at Disneyland for over 6 years, and on many occasions, after the park closed, they would let me just walk around in there and explore. I'll try to post some pics sometime soon. I'll be the one walking around in there wearing a PIRATE costume!

One disappointing thing- Upon close inspection you can really see how "UN-Harrison" the animatronics look... Oh well... And some of the interior of the temple is literally Paper-mache! and the section of the ride when your headlights supposedly "go out." It's pitch black in there because Disney RAN OUT OF MONEY and couldn't build anything else on that stretch of track! -True story....

But on the bright side, you can really inspect the gear used. They mkVII bags are genuine, the Whips are cheesy though... The Jacket looks good, but I wasn't brave enough to manhandle the animatronic to try to see if there was an official WESTED label in it! The hats are the Cheesy Disney hats... but I guess it's ok, considering how little you really even see Indy's character in the ride.

Anyway, that's all I can think of for now, I'll try to scan some of those pics and post them up here for you guys!

-Vogel

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com