I always thought that each hole was for a different day...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by thefumegator from Adialup79.slkc.uswest.net (209.181.85.79) on Sunday, October 21, 2001 at 12:38pm :

In Reply to: Raiders fans...can you offer some insight... posted by Rabittooth from spider-mtc-ti012.proxy.aol.com (64.12.101.152) on Saturday, October 20, 2001 at 9:10am :

Since the sun is (almost) never in the same position, I always just assumed that was what they were for. Is that a dumb assumption?

Wes ;)

: Something I've never understood, and I just recently re-read the novelization, and am pretty sure the explaination is not included there, but there is something thats been buggin me for years and perhaps someone out there can clear it up or offer insight.
: In the maproon scene...we know that Belloq's staff is too long, therefor he is digging in the wrong place. But did Belloq also use the wrong slot to place the staff in? We see Indy consult the notebook,find a glyph...then he sweeps his finger up to an uncovered slot and dips his finger in (presumably the hole where Belloq placed his staff)(No giggling out there!!- grin). But Indy abandons that one and blows out the sand from a slot on a lower grid (Presumably the correct place by his calculations to put the staff). So...regardless of the extra Kadam..wouldn't Belloq still be digging in the wrong place?
: As sad as it is...this is the kinda thing that is taking up room in my Indy-geek of a brain. Please help. Indy Geekism is an illness we can cure. We need researchers to find the answers.
: Thanks,
: -R

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com