Re: Ya never know, he might have?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alabama Jonez from user-38lcin0.dialup.mindspring.com (209.86.74.224) on Tuesday, October 23, 2001 at 2:21pm :

In Reply to: Re: Ya never know posted by Alabama Jonez from user-38lcin0.dialup.mindspring.com (209.86.74.224) on Tuesday, October 23, 2001 at 1:51pm :

Just a follow up.

Indy was part of the "Lost Generation" as described by Gertrude Stein. Some of them developed a strong interest in things pertaining to the "late unpleasantness", but others, understandably, hated all things pertaining to war because of the horror of the trenches. As I understand it, Indy served with a European army.

Being an archeologist, and therefore a history nut. He probably had a strong knowledge of the War, but I doubt he had time to participate in reenactments, and I doubt he had a problem with reenacting in general.

Is it written anywhere whether Indy participated in the Spainish Civil War? Hollywood places great romance on the guys that fought Franco, while quietly sweeping their Communist affiliation under the rug.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com