I just watched the Battle of Britain last night...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Tuesday, October 23, 2001 at 3:22pm :

My dad and brother are big aviation nuts and my brother had been after me to see this movie for some time now. Anyway, it's a great movie and I highly recommend it. It is well known as one of the greatest aviation movies of all time. One of the things I noticed is that many British personnel are indeed wearing the MK VII bag throughout the movie. There is also a comment made to a woman that the bag is not to be used as a purse, but for it's intended use, a carrier for a gas mask. It was strange for me to see the bag used in the movie for it's original intent. I guess the way we cut off the strap would be a sacrilege to a military re-enactor. One of the other things I picked up from the movie (or at least had reinforced) was what a strong presence Robert Shaw was. I have heard Spielberg talk about how Sean Connery was the only actor that could pull off playing Harrison Ford's dad and I agree, as far as living actor's go. I do believe that had Shaw lived, he also could have pulled it off. Of course this is no disrespect to Sean, I think he's great and I didn't say Shaw could have done a "better" job. Just my ramblings for the day. Cheers

xxxxxxxxxx

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com