Re: Willis & Geiger

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Danno from 251.indianapolis-24rh16rt.in.dial-access.att.net (12.85.15.251) on Sunday, October 28, 2001 at 10:21pm :

In Reply to: Willis & Geiger posted by Anejo Joe from 45.raleigh-01rh15rt.nc.dial-access.att.net (12.76.232.45) on Sunday, October 28, 2001 at 4:08pm :

Wish that was true, but they are a long goner. When Lands End bought them I think they ruined them. The last 10-12 months they were sending out catalogs they were sold out of about everything. So why bother to send out the catalog?

I know a lady who went to the auction in Wisconsin where they liquidated everything left. She got me a HUGE picture of Ernest Hemingway in Africa with Willis & Geiger embossed on the picture. It looks like a big heavy poster, but is actually a picture on Kodak paper, real nice.

If Lands End wants to bring back some of it, I say they drop the name Willis & Geiger, for the W & G we all knew is really gone.

Have you seen what W&G is bringing in on EBAY! Prices have actually dropped there lately too. When they first shut down, just plain old t-shirts were bringing in around $100!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com