To be fair....

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Thursday, November 01, 2001 at 8:00pm :

In Reply to: Think carefully posted by Chavez from h0010b5bf5601.ne.mediaone.net (24.147.85.132) on Thursday, November 01, 2001 at 6:22pm :

The modern military pilot's glasses are great. I've worn them and Ray Bans for 15 years and they are just as good as Ray Bans in my opinion. The military has specs that the manufactures need to meet. The original aviator Ray Bans were designed to meet specs as well. What the modern glasses have going over Ray Bans is price. They are about half of the cost of Ray Bans. The HGU4P's have also been in service since the 50's. You can see Dennis Quaid sport a pair in "The Right Stuff". The HGU4P's are made by different companies Mine are made by Randolph Engineering. Since all have to come up to spec, I would imagine them to be of the same caliber The US wings site incorrectly says that these were used in Top Gun. I agree with you, those were Ray Bans, even the pair that Goose wore. His were Ray Ban's version of the modern glasses with a squared look. Anyway, I'm not disagreeing with you. Ray Bans are awesome, but then again, so are the modern military sunglasses. Cheers

xxxxxxxxxxx

: Before you buy the US Wings sunglasses, think about it. I'm sure their great glasses and all, but they won't be the same quality as Ray Ban's. Go with the Ray Ban Aviators that you can buy at any mall in America(probably the world for that matter). Ray Ban was the first company to make sunglasses and is in my mind the best. They're great glasses and last for years if you take care of them. Plus, they're exactly what pilots have worn since before WWII. So while all the kids are wearing their Oakley's and looking cool in those, you can be chillin' in your Ray Ban Aviator's (which are exactly what Tom Cruise wore in "Top Gun" and what Tom Selleck wears on "Magnum, p.i.")Here's a link to the Ray Ban homepage.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com