I read an article on it today.....

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Monday, November 05, 2001 at 6:02pm :

In Reply to: More on the E.T. Debacle! posted by James from host-216-78-21-9.cae.bellsouth.net (216.78.21.9) on Monday, November 05, 2001 at 1:38pm :

and the journalist said that he hoped there would never be a Raiders special edition where they took out Indy shooting the Arab swordsman (have to agree). Personally, I like expanded additions with extra footage. I think they are fun to compare with the originals. It shows how a few tweaks can really change a movie, not to mention what a thin line the director and editor walk when putting together a movie. I will say that I don't like new versions at the expense of the original version. It's a shame that you can't get the original SW trilogies in their original form anymore. Ditto for Blade Runner. I hope my laserdisks hold up (not to mention the player). As a side note, home editing equipment is getting so cheap now that you can edit your own versions. I did that for a buddy of mine that didn't like all of the SW special editions. The article I was reading mentioned how many fans loathed Greedo shooting Han first in the new version of A New Hope. That was ironically one of the scenes I switched back to the original version for my friend. If the ET dvd has both versions then I don't think any of us have a beef. The new version is just a bonus. Cheers

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

: I know it isn't Indy (what is these days?), but at least it's something new (kinda) from Spielberg...

: Okay, so fans have spoken and both versions will be on the DVD...and the bathtub scene looks well-done.

: But I still don't buy Spielberg's excuse for removing all the guns, ('Why would they use guns to chase a bunch of kids?'). They're also chasing a strange creature from another planet, aren't they? Has there ever been a film where an alien is met with walkie talkies?

: I've also just learned that, not only will we be spared from hearing the word "terrorist", but that Spielberg has cut out Elliott calling his brother "penis breath".

: After watching NBC censor Rusty Griswold drinking a beer with his dad (National Lampoon's Vacation) Saturday night, I must confess to being a little confused over the heightened sense of what's indecent for the youth. Especially when Brittany has the pre-teen girls dressing sluttier than ever.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com