Re: Mail call--Jake is the proud owner of a black Indy Jacket!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zippy from sa-63-249-99-5.cruzio.com (63.249.99.5) on Tuesday, November 06, 2001 at 10:32pm :

In Reply to: Mail call--Jake is the proud owner of a black Indy Jacket! posted by Operator Jake from 206-13-102-149.ded.pacbell.net (206.13.102.149) on Monday, November 05, 2001 at 11:42pm :

Jake, glad to hear you're happy with your new jacket. I also have a US Wings Indy jacket (goatskin). I, too, am very happy with it, and I'm finally getting the chance to wear it now that the weather here in Northern Cal is getting colder. BTW, I agree with the "Made in the USA" thing... I'm happy to put my money into the American economy rather than overseas.

Regards,
Zippy

: Today may well have been the best day personally since I've been in San Diego. After a morning of perfect inspections and beating some of my own all-time bests in a physical screening, the mail finally yielded the black Indy jacket from US Wings that I had been waiting for since September!
: In too much of a frenzy to wait, I tore open the box and threw the jacket on over a set of wet, sandy cammo fatigues (dumb, dumb, DUMB), and found it very difficult to stop humming the Raiders March (much to the bemusement of my roommates).
: A very fine piece of work, indeed--if I have any complaints at all, it would be that I sort of expected the jacket to be a bit heavier with perhaps the leather just a bit thicker, but hey; it's going to do the job, especially when all a boy wants to be is warm and dry after work is secured for the day.
: Right away, I had to make the jacket a little more personal with a few items for those big cargo pockets. A hand gripper, a tin of Altoids, mom's rosary, and after some inner debate, a Leatherman tool (I've long considered one of the stupidest ways to go is to be beaten and tortured to death with your own Leatherman......)
: This jacket and I are going to get along very well.
: Anyone else have any comments, hopefully nice ones, on US Wings jackets? At the very least, you gotta love the "Made In USA" tag.
: Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com