Re: Mail call--Jake is the proud owner of a black Indy Jacket!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from 251.raleigh-05-10rs16rt.nc.dial-access.att.net (12.77.117.251) on Wednesday, November 07, 2001 at 5:39am :

In Reply to: Mail call--Jake is the proud owner of a black Indy Jacket! posted by Operator Jake from 206-13-102-149.ded.pacbell.net (206.13.102.149) on Monday, November 05, 2001 at 11:42pm :

I have the "Old Cow" jacket and love it. It is tough as nails! The only complaint is that its not quite dressy enough for some occasions. I knew that when I bought it. I just need two jackets!

: Today may well have been the best day personally since I've been in San Diego. After a morning of perfect inspections and beating some of my own all-time bests in a physical screening, the mail finally yielded the black Indy jacket from US Wings that I had been waiting for since September!
: In too much of a frenzy to wait, I tore open the box and threw the jacket on over a set of wet, sandy cammo fatigues (dumb, dumb, DUMB), and found it very difficult to stop humming the Raiders March (much to the bemusement of my roommates).
: A very fine piece of work, indeed--if I have any complaints at all, it would be that I sort of expected the jacket to be a bit heavier with perhaps the leather just a bit thicker, but hey; it's going to do the job, especially when all a boy wants to be is warm and dry after work is secured for the day.
: Right away, I had to make the jacket a little more personal with a few items for those big cargo pockets. A hand gripper, a tin of Altoids, mom's rosary, and after some inner debate, a Leatherman tool (I've long considered one of the stupidest ways to go is to be beaten and tortured to death with your own Leatherman......)
: This jacket and I are going to get along very well.
: Anyone else have any comments, hopefully nice ones, on US Wings jackets? At the very least, you gotta love the "Made In USA" tag.
: Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com