Huh?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Friday, November 09, 2001 at 1:25pm :

In Reply to: That's all well and good, BUT..... posted by Indiana Crup from spider-tf083.proxy.aol.com (152.163.197.213) on Thursday, November 08, 2001 at 9:25pm :

Wasn't the main point of my post, that I thought it was a shame that you couldn't catch old movies on the big screen anymore? Now with that being said, re-releases were in many cases limited in the older days, so your window of opportunity was narrow. If you weigh getting the chance to see Raiders once in a blue moon on the big screen against seeing it anytime you want at home, there's no contest. When I was a kid I had to look at my picture books to try to recreate the movie in my brain. Don't get me wrong. I think it's a shame many fans have not gotten the chance to see Raiders on the big screen, partly because of video. I was just saying that many more fans have been exposed to Raiders because of video, than would have ever gotten to see it from a big screen re-release. No disrespect intended, I hope you get your chance to see it on the big screen soon. Cheers

xxxxxx

: Given my young age (17), I've never seen an Indy film in theaters. The biggest thrill for me would be to go to a darkened theater and see Indiana Jones at about 10 feet tall and hearing the Raiders march booming in surround sound. While you appreciate the videos for their convenience, they are the only things that have allowed me to watch Indy. So for once, I'd like to experience it on the silver screen.
: Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com