Re: Diamond of Jeru

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Monday, November 12, 2001 at 4:30pm :

In Reply to: Diamond of Jeru posted by Anejo Joe from 157.raleigh-05-10rs16rt.nc.dial-access.att.net (12.77.117.157) on Sunday, November 11, 2001 at 1:41am :

Well, it's technically correct for a lot of the tropics. I know the Florida Highway Patrol kept with nickel plated revolvers right up until they were issued Beretta 92's in the late 80's. That practice dated clear back to the middle of the 1930's, when they were originally formed, simply to help fight the corrosion problems blued weapons experienced in that area. I'm sure that nickel plated Webley would be a perfect selection for someone who spent their life in a jungle. I know I'd sure take that over a blued revolver if faced with that situation. I was constantly cleaning the surface of my blued weapons the whole time I lived in Florida. Regards. Michaelson

: At the end of the movie Billy Zane is trying to shoot at the bad guys with a nickel plated Webley Mk VI, lanyard ring and all. It looked like it might have ivory grips. I never liked nickel plated guns. Nor stainless steel. Indy's looked much better. Good movie in any case.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com