Re: So like what....

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sam Cox from ultra.bluep.com (203.26.36.20) on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 at 3:18am :

In Reply to: Re: So like what.... posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Monday, November 12, 2001 at 8:02pm :

I posted back on indygear about getting my keppler hat reblocked here in Australia.
The Miliner has some old Akubra blocks from the 50s and im using one for the shape.It is a full 6 inches tall at centre.It is a round top (similair to an unbashed fed) with the dome starting at the 5 and 1/4 inch mark.Im having it left unbashed as i prefer to deliver the deathblow myself.The Keppler hat in felt stock is halfway between a PB and a Herbie J(having slightly more body than a Fed)so it will be interesting to see what this reblock will do for it RE the Raiders look.The Australian angle is interesting with most hats of Australian origin are Rabbit fur.The Imperial Quality of Akubra after use has a very similair feel to my Herbie(of Borsalino origin),i have owned a military beret from the 50s made in Australia Expressly For Herbert Johnson Hats by Hills Hats Aust Pty Ltd(5 years ago we used to sell Herbert Johnson Berets to Australian Army officers but we found that they were too damned expensive).So i have proof of Herbert Johnson using some Autralian components.I admit its a wool beret and not a felt hat shell but its a definite clue.
sadly i dont have any more answers
Later
Sam
: Absolutely! Sounds like a plan to me! (grins) Regards. Michaelson

:
: : So now we should all go out and get Squatters to have the hands down, official, inspirational, Indy Hat (not to mention yet another hat!).

: : Dalexs

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com