Why not!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from 134.raleigh-01rh16rt.nc.dial-access.att.net (12.76.233.134) on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 at 9:54pm :

In Reply to: Interview with Indy fans... posted by Micah from cc85701-a.hwrd1.md.home.com (65.1.219.151) on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 at 8:26pm :

: first and last name
Joe, Aņejo Joe

: aged
Excellent vintage!

: location
SC (not Southern California)

: 1) Why does everyone dislike the Temple of Doom?
Actually, it was the first tape I bought. It's just that NAZI's make better "bad guys". It's so easy to hate them.

: 2) Why do people follow Indiana Jones?
He's human, not a superman. You can relate to him. And Speilberg did an excellent job with the character.

: 3) Are there different levels of fan-dom? (I know for The Simpsons there is.) If so, what are they?
Some people are more interested than others. That's true of everything.

: 4) What makes you part of the fan club? (you know, more than just an admirer of the films)
I would not call this a "fan club". I like the word "Forum" better. Besides fans dress up, and wear silly hats, and . . . Come to think of it. . .

: 5) Why do these movies steeped in the past still have such a following?
It was a classic period of time. Since then, the forties were about war, the fifties about the bomb, the sixties about social revolution, the seventies about bad taste. Then Indy came along to remind us how things once were, and maybe could be again.

: 6) What is your favorite Indiana Jones and why?
Last Crusade. I like the interplay between Connery and Ford. Good story, good directing, good action, sometimes a little silly, but I liked it. Raiders was a better movie, but you asked which was my favorite.

: 7) Do you collect stuff (like the action figures, whip and the jacket)? Why?
I collect a few things, interesting items made by what I consider to be artists, that catch my attention. But the hat, jacket, holster, etc., I actually use (as opposed to collect) because they serve their purpose better than anything else I have found. They are functional. Plus they look good!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com