Re: Jacket Wars: A New Hope

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zippy from sa-63-249-99-37.cruzio.com (63.249.99.37) on Friday, November 16, 2001 at 7:43pm :

In Reply to: Jacket Wars: A New Hope posted by Patterson from adsl-63-201-103-106.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.103.106) on Friday, November 16, 2001 at 7:23pm :

You aren't satisfied with the Expedition? I thought that was the "ultimate" Raiders jacket. What is the Expedition lacking that Aero can make better? My concern: the Expedition seems pricey enough (compared to a Wested)... wouldn't an Aero Indy be even more pricey?

Regards,
Zippy

: Cutting to the chase – I’ve offered my notes, my jackets, and my services to these folks, and they appear to be very interested in making us a jacket. They are Aero Leather Company and are located in Scotland. Before anybody freaks out about customs – when they sent me the sample jacket it arrived to me in LA in the biggest damned box I’ve ever seen with a jacket in it and THERE WAS NO CUSTOMS DUE! They told me customers in the US hardly ever get hit with it. Oh, and get this – you can get pre-war spec silk lining in their jackets. It is not like anything from Victoria’s Secret – just tough and smooth.

: Check out their site. Check out the pic of the seal brown jerky horsehide below that I aged. Email them and let them know if you’re interested.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com