Book Report--"The Unicorn's Legacy."

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from 206-13-102-179.ded.pacbell.net (206.13.102.179) on Friday, November 16, 2001 at 10:39pm :

I found a great store here in downtown San Diego that appeared to have every single book in the series. I started leafing through the opening pages, looking for the earliest date (sot that I could finally start doing this thing in chronological order).
Well, I was wrong again. "Peril At Delphi" is first. I've gotta remember that next time.
Peril At Delphi, Peril At Delphi, Peril At Delphi.............
Okay.
In the moments when I get a chance to do some actual head PT (ie--read), I managed to finish "The Unicorn's Legacy." It wasn't a bad story, I guess, but at more times than I would have liked, it read like the script for an episode of "Lassie" with a higher body count. Although the climax of the book when Indy and Brody were in Italy had me hanging on the edge of my seat.
It was at that point that I sat back so that I wouldn't fall over, and finished the book.
Well, another one done. That makes "Dino Eggs," "Hollow Earth," and "Secret of the Sphinx" down, and several to go. The goal is to finish the series before I graduate (God Willing) in June.
In the meantime, the library here on the amphibious base is getting the books as a donation. The paperback section is packed with Star Wars and Star Trek books (geek sailors rejoice!), and it's about time Indy started elbowing his way in.
Anyone else read this one and care to offer commentary?
Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com