Re: OH NO - Kevin Costner and Teri Hatcher in new movie!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Will Silke@Miramax NY from cafe197.cafehobo.com on December 10, 1998 at 20:33:13:

In Reply to: OH NO - Kevin Costner and Teri Hatcher in new movie! posted by Docbrown on January 21, 1998 at 05:20:19:

According to the "inside" gossip here in the US - no is the answer.
1 Costner has nearly just finished filming his "baseball" flick in NYC's Yankees stadium. He has not indicated any interest whatsoever in the Indy role.
2 Furthermore, Ford would naturally have first refusal on any such sequel, which, to date, he has not utilized. Therefore, the "project" is still open. I have read a "black-market" early draft of the 4th Indy sceenplay and to be honest, it wasn't exactly Shane Black.
3 It is also a "mainly owned Lucasfim franchise (w/ Paramount) -
it would be unlikely that anything will "happen" on this 4th installment until Lucas frees himself from his present Star Wars IV commitments as wri/dir/overseer of all
4 I do agree with you. Costner & Hatcher is a ridiculous concept!
Hence, I would strongly suggest that wherever/whomever wrote that little was, in the local tongue, crapping out of their ass...
5 Also, could you, dear stranger, kindly do me a favour - my father works as a lecturer at the RTC Galway campus (on Dublin rd.)
could you, if you are able say hello to him from me. He works in the Hotel & Catering Dept. 2nd floor.
Thank you. I hope the info I provided was of help. I'm sorry that I cannot give you a responding eddress, but things are a bit "sensitive"
here at Disney-Miramax to have any "private" email
Kind Regards to you & good luck in whatever it is that you are doing.
W.

: docbrown

: martwal@server311b.rtc-galway.ie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: