It depends.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0275.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.193.20) on Monday, November 19, 2001 at 9:25pm :

In Reply to: Hindus posted by The Graduate from host-216-79-215-205.sld.bellsouth.net (216.79.215.205) on Monday, November 19, 2001 at 7:49pm :

There is the general perception that a Hindu is necesarily a vegetarian and won't eat meat. That 's not so. Just look at Nepal (Hinduism is the official religion there). Depending on what caste someone belongs to he may very well eat any meat but beef. A brahmin will more likely be a vegetarian. Meat is cheaper than vegetables, and poor people eat more meat than rich people.
The vegetarianism is rooted in that call for non-violence that is part of Hinduism.
FG
PS: I'm reminded of the Indian couple who was on an overseas flight next to me. There were no vegetarian meals left, and after some ruckus she had the fish and he enjoyed the chicken. ;)

: Aren't Hindus not suppose to eat meat? I know my Hindu friend doesn't. Why do they in ToD?
: Ben
: Actually, I may already know. Only my hairdresser knows for sure. ;)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com