Ah yes..., Quint.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 at 5:38pm :

In Reply to: The German mechanic died a shocking death. posted by Fall Guy from pool0046.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.179.192.46) on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 at 8:51am :

This is a little off subject (at least it's Spielberg), but Quint's death in Jaws was the one scene that always got me. It might of been the fact that I was a bit younger when I saw it, but the end of Jaws affected me much more than the end of Raiders did. I think the music accompanying the scene of the face melting scared me more than the images did. BTW, MacFarlane toys is offering an excellent reproduction of Bruce the shark chowing down on Quint. I'm not one for gore, but I love this piece. To answer the main question, with repeat viewings, anticipation of the heart -pull-out from TOD made my heart race at the time. Face melting gets runner-up. Cheers

: It was the same sort of death as Robert Shaw's character suffered in Jaws. There was that last moment when the shark bit down on the grumpy captain. In Raiders they just showed the blood splatter. It was still rather icky.
: FG

: : Don't know if I'd - hey, what just hit my roof???- sorry, big storm outside - anyway, don't know if I'd call this a phobia, but:
: : way back when, summer of '81, when Raiders hit the screen... the biggest "AAAAAH!!!" in the auditorium occurred when German Mechanic's brains splattered across the airplane's tail. Total '80's gross-out, like wow.
: :
: :

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com