To Michigan Smith and Patterson too c/o Jacket Wars...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by junior from ct78042-a.lusvil1.ky.home.com (24.183.148.72) on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 at 4:15pm :

Michigan,
Sorry not to reply sooner, my cpu has been buggin'.
Anyhow, this is a reply to your reply you made to me regarding my post I made to Patterson when he unvailed the possibility of Aero designing a jacket for us...called Jacket Wars, see below.

You asked me what alterations i had done.
Well, for about $100 or so the patterns dept. is:
a. Shortening the top back panel about 1/4" to 1/2", and more importantly, once that is done, they're gonna
b. Raise or "move forward" the entire top back panel 1/2"
Both of these adjustments allow the sleeve to "crawl" up the sleeve/side more as evident in the film.

I think the whole top back panel debate focused too much on that distance between the seam running down from the collar and the seam that seperates the two back panels. I have found that it wasn't so much the "distance" as it was where the seam running down from the collar should actually be located.

In case you are interested, a good example is probably best seen in the bar when Indy turns, walks to his left sideways to the camera while talking to Marion. The jacket is on straight...not bunched up or "hunkered" over his back. It's on him like it should be, normal.
'Tis very evident that the pleat is riding up the sleeve/side much more than the FS jackets that I've tried on or seen posted on this forum or over at Indygear.

Reality check.
Does all of this really matter? No
Have I chosen to be too detailed oriented: Probably
Do I believe all involved in the FS creation didn't "get it"? Of course not.
I'm just having a little extra fun since this is the only piece of gear i care about having...aside from the boots.

Anyhow, the reason for my response to Pattersons post was to help out and point this out to him for when he hooks up with Aero on the design. He agreed with me a few, actually alot of, months ago it was just a bit too late because FS was done making changes...guess I can't blame them. So I am trying to communicate this again to him as a favor. Unfortunately, I have not received a reply via email or a response to my original reply to his post on the situation.

Patterson, if you're reading this, I'm only trying to help out.
If for some reason you don't agree and don't want to pursue this, no big deal.
I am very happy with the FS product.
It is the best jacket available hands down and even if Aero does take on the job, I think they'll have their hands full trying to top 'em.

Gobble-Gobble,

jr

Follow Ups:

• Sorry... - Patterson 4:36pm 11/21/2001

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL: