Re: What is in that bag anyway?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn012-25.cybertours.com on December 11, 1998 at 13:55:30:

In Reply to: Re: What is in that bag anyway? posted by Michaelson on December 09, 1998 at 18:37:41:

: : : Well I know the .45, his littlebook and pencil, and the brush is in there, but anyone want to speculate what else might be in there? (besides the obvious like extra ammo)

: : Indy never has any extra ammo. His revolver is always empty (with the notable exception of the "sword fight" scene in "Raiders"). Just check out Last Crusade (no ammo) and Temple (No gun at all).
: :

: True, though he does reload his .45 Colt once during the bar fight in Napal during the fight scene. The magazine had to come from somewhere. Regards. Michaelson

Well, I hate to point this out, but if you recall, Indy wasn't wearing the bag during the bar fight. Look again. He must pull the .45 out of the inside breast pocket on the jacket or out of his waistband, as he is sans bag during this entire clip. He must have left it in whatever Nepal considered a hotel in those days (most likely a stable!), because when he first walks in and greets Marion he doesn't have the bag either-just his pistol and whip with belt and holster. Knowing how relatively difficult it is to pull objects out of my own MKVII bag (that sucker feels deeper than it looks!), I would speculate that storing ammo for later use would be fine in the bag, but ammo needing to be at the ready would be better stored in the jacket pockets or even pants pockets. I know, it's all rather moot but hey, what the heck-there's my two cents.

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]