review on Indiana Dan's Indy shirt

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Azuma from 63-203-204-251.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net (63.203.204.251) on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 2:14am :

After four months waiting, the shirt offered by Indiana Dan, Prince of LC, finally arrived today. Comparing with the waited time for my first Wested jacket and Andre Domatakis shirt, it is not bad at all. First of all, the shirt is nice, and it fits me pretty well, that's the good thing about custom made shirt. Dan made some changes such as the placement of buttons that Patterson suggested earlier on the forum. The color of the shirt looks stone, which is nice, to me, but the fabric is kinda thick, hard and is heavier than MBA. And it seems to be pre-washed. The pattern for the shirt is slightly different than MBA's, and it does has the pancil slot on the left pocket. There are several thing that don't go right. First I ordered my shirt in LC version, but the bottons are in black on the shirt and it is supposed to be in dark olive or dark green. The pleats are not aligned between pockets and shirt itself. Actually they kind have 3mm difference in width. And it uses different method, which is to stitch on another piece, to make the pleats, and it makes the pleats pretty thick. The sawing, stitching, skill need to be improved a lot. You can see the odd pieces of thread everywhere, and some trace of tears because of the wrong placement of the stitchs can be seen very obviouslly. Those details should not happen on a custom shirt. Overall I would say it is still a prototype shirt that is needed to make some improvement. The shirt is good for people who wants to get one that fits perfectly, but consider the quality, I think the price is pretty high. I guess I would rather go for MAB shirt with 20-30 more bucks. Any way, I think that Dan will change those imperfections to reach the perfection for Indy shirt for sure.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com