Re: If Harrison isnt starring in it then its not an Indy movie..

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Friday, November 30, 2001 at 2:36pm :

In Reply to: Re: If Harrison isnt starring in it then its not an Indy movie.. posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Friday, November 30, 2001 at 2:33pm :

: : : Read this over at a Harrison Ford web page and also a fella in my acting class who is in a position know some good inside stuff said he also heard this 'rumor' from a reliable source.
: : : "There are negotations going on about Indy 4, that's why Ford hasn't committed himself to another film, he is still waiting to see how it turns out. You can expect some major Indy news within the next month. He also mentions that if the deal fails there will be a situation similar to 'Sum of All Fears' where a younger actor would take over the hat and whip."
: : : I'm all for Harrison doing Indy 4 as long as they do it along the lines of 'Unforgiven.' How age keeps someone from doing the things they used to be able to do but still want it so bad.

: : Amen I say to you my fellow Indy fans. The basis of Indy is Harrison Ford if he doesnt star in it then that would stink! agh! But dont worry I doubt that news like this is true.
: : -Raider

xxxxxxxxxxxx

We've debated the idea of the Indy torch being passed on to other actors before and it makes for a great debate. I think it's all a mute point though, because I don't believe Lucas and Spielberg would ever do that (my opinion). I'd chalk it all up to Hollywood rumor. As far as Ford's age goes I don't think you have to look any further than "Never Say Never Again". If that was a bad movie, it wasn't because Sean Connery was too old. He played Bond as well as he ever did. Though there were a few jokes about his age, Bond's performance was never really adversely effected by it. As a side note, since "Never Say" was not an Eon production, it could not utilize the James Bond theme. It had one of the worst soundtracks of all time. That's what really sank it (grin). Has Irvin Kerchner made a good movie besides Empire Strikes Back? The only other movie I know that he made was Robocop 2. Not slamin', I just want to know. Cheers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com